SEXY WISPY A-LINE: This style features short layers razored in to add softness. The bangs are full and make the face look mysterious as they come across the forehead. The front pieces are the longest and wispiest. A little bit of subtle red and purple highlights make this style look amazing!
Face shapes: oval, square, round, heart, diamond
Hair texture: fine, medium or coarse
Hair density: thin, average to thick
Time: 15-20 minutes
Techniques: Blow dry and flat iron
Products: volumizing mousse for fine or medium hair, smoothing gel for coarse hair, Straight Works by Paul Mitchell, Foaming Pomade by Paul Mitchell, finishing hairspray
1. Apply mousse or gel according to hair type.
2. Part hair above the end of the left eyebrow.
3. Blow dry hair completely, using a large round brush at the end for added volume.
4. Following the instructions on the packaging, apply a small amount of Straight Works from the middle through the ends of the hair, avoiding the root area.
5. Starting in the back on the bottom, pull flat iron through small sections curling under just a little to follow the contours of the head.
6. In the bang area, start on the left at the roots and pull the flat iron down and across the forehead for that side swept look. For the long pieces in front, pull the flat iron up and away when coming off the ends.
7. Use a small amount of Foaming Pomade on just the very ends to separate them.
8. Finish with a little hairspray to polish off the style and maintain any fly away hairs.