LONG SPIRAL CURLED CINNAMON: This amazingly rich brown color looks even better when styled in long spiral curls. Appropriate for work or play, this style will make your day – or night!
Face shapes: oval, square, round, heart, diamond
Hair texture: fine, medium or coarse
Hair density: average to thick
Time: 20-30 minutes
Techniques: Blow dry and curling iron
Products: volumizing mousse for fine or medium hair, smoothing gel for coarse hair, Round Trip by Paul Mitchell, finishing hairspray and shine spray
1. Apply mousse or gel according to hair type.
2. Part hair above the arch in the right eyebrow.
3. Following the directions on the package, apply a small amount of Round Trip to middle of hair and through the ends.
4. Blow dry almost completely.
5. For the top of the head, use a large round brush to smooth the hair dry while you blow dry to add volume. Finish drying the hair.
6. In the bang area, start on the right at the roots and roll the brush under and across the forehead for that side swept look.
7. Section the hair in horizontal layers. Starting at the bottom in the back, wrap the hair around a large barrel curling iron and twist up about half way. Release the curl after about 30 seconds. DON’T BRUSH THROUGH THE CURLS.
8. Repeat the curling process layer by layer til you finish. For the bang area, make sure to roll the curling iron away from the face.
9. Tease the root area in the crown til you reach the desired volume.
10. Mist the entire style with a little finishing hairspray to polish off the style and hold down any fly away hairs. Apply a very small amount of shine spray, avoiding roots so hair doesn’t look greasy.