RICH RED CURLS: This style features a complex red color that is vibrant and healthy looking. Layers are very long – just enough to add body but retain the look of fullness. Little curls at the ends add more interest and make this style oh-so fun!
Face shapes: oval, square, round, heart, diamond
Hair texture: fine, medium or coarse
Hair density: thin, average to thick
Time: 15-20 minutes
Techniques: Blow dry and curling iron
Products: volumizing mousse for fine or medium hair, smoothing gel for coarse hair, finishing hairspray and shine spray
1. Apply mousse or gel according to hair type.
2. Part hair above the arch in the left eyebrow.
3. Blow dry hair almost completely.
4. Section the hair into horizontal layers.
5. Using a large round brush, finish blow drying the hair from roots to ends with hot air. Spray a little bit of hairspray on the hair and let it cool before you remove the brush to help retain the curl.
6. In the bang area, start on the left at the roots and roll the brush straight across the forehead to move them off the face.
7. Using a large barrel curling iron, curl the ends of the hair about 2-3 inches up and release after 30 seconds.
8. Tease the root area in the crown til you reach the desired volume. Smooth the top of the hair over the teased area.
9. For the curl in the bangs, use your curling iron to make one full curl in the ends, then use a bobby pin to secure the curl to your head.
10. Spray the style with a little finishing hairspray to polish it off, hold in the curls, and hold down any fly away hairs. Mist with a little shine spray in the very ends.