EASY MEDIUM HAIRSTYLE: This style features long layers cut using a razoring technique in the ends, that help them stand out a little wispy. The bangs sweep off to the side, opening up the face. Barely any variation in the layer length helps keep this style looking full.
Face shapes: oval, square, round, heart, diamond
Hair texture: fine, medium or coarse
Hair density: thin, average to thick
Time: 15-20 minutes
Techniques: Blow dry and flat iron
Products: volumizing mousse for fine or medium hair, smoothing gel for coarse hair, Slick Works by Paul Mitchell, Foaming Pomade by Paul Mitchell, finishing hairspray
1. Apply mousse or gel according to hair type.
2. Part hair above the arch in the right eyebrow.
3. Following the directions on the package, apply a very small amount of Slick Works to the hair from the middle through the ends.
4. Blow dry hair completely, using a large round brush in the roots for added volume.
5. Section the hair into horizontal layers.
6. Starting in the back on the bottom, pull a flat iron through 2 inch sections flipping the ends out just a little bit as you come off the hair.
7. In the bang area, start on the right at the roots and pull the flat iron down and across the forehead for that side swept look.
8. Following instructions on the label, use a small amount of Foaming Pomade on just the very ends to separate them and give them the piecy look.
9. Finish with a little hairspray to polish off the style and maintain any fly away hairs.