SEXY A-LINE BOB: This style features short to long layers cut in an a-line pattern to draw the eye forward to the face. The very long side swept bangs add drama and the fullness in the top makes this a dressy ‘do!
Face shapes: oval, square, round, heart, diamond
Hair texture: fine, medium or coarse
Hair density: thin, average to thick
Time: 15-20 minutes
Techniques: Blow dry and flat iron (if needed)
Products: volumizing mousse for fine or medium hair, smoothing gel for coarse hair, Slick Works by Paul Mitchell, finishing hairspray and shine spray
1. Apply mousse or gel according to hair type.
2. Part hair above the arch in the right eyebrow and back to the crown area.
3. Following the instructions on the package label, apply a small amount of Slick Works to the ends of the hair, avoiding the root area so it doesn’t look greasy.
4. Blow dry hair almost completely.
5. Section hair in horizontal layers.
6. Starting in the back on the bottom, pull a large round brush through 2 inch sections and roll the ends under just a little bit as you pull the brush out. Use hot air and blow from roots to ends, smoothing the hair over the brush.
7. In the bang area, start at the roots and pull the brush from the roots on the right and across the forehead.
8. Tease the hair in the crown til you have the desired amount of volume. Smooth the hair over the top and use hairspray to hold it in place.
9. Spray the completed style all over with a little finishing hairspray to hold down any fly away hairs.
10. Finish with a very small amount of shine spray in the ends, making sure to avoid the roots so the style isn’t weighed down or greasy looking.