SWEET MEDIUM HAIRSTYLE: This style features longer layers to give the style body and life. Curls make it sweet, but not TOO sweet!
Face shapes: oval, square, round, heart, diamond
Hair texture: fine, medium or coarse
Hair density: thin, average to thick
Time: 15-20 minutes
Techniques: Blow dry and curling iron
Products: volumizing mousse for fine or medium hair, smoothing gel for coarse hair, finishing hairspray and shine spray
1. Apply mousse or gel according to hair type.
2. Part hair above the arch in the left eyebrow.
3. Blow dry almost completely.
4. Use a large round brush in the roots to add volume. Finish drying the hair.
5. In the bang area, start on the left at the roots and roll the brush under and across the forehead for that side swept look.
6. Section the hair in horizontal layers. Starting at the bottom in the back, wrap the hair around a large barrel curling iron and twist up about half way. Release the curl after about 30 seconds. DON’T BRUSH THROUGH THE CURLS.
7. Repeat the curling process layer by layer til you finish. For the bang area, make sure to roll the curling iron away from the face, just in the ends.
8. Tease the root area in the crown til you reach the desired volume.
9. Use your fingers to gently break up the curls.
10. Spray the style with a little finishing hairspray to polish off the style and hold down any fly away hairs. Mist the head with a very small amount of shine spray, avoiding roots so hair doesn’t look greasy. Cover the roots with your free hand to protect the roots from the shine.