UPTOWN GIRL: This style features full bangs that bring your attention straight to the eye area, and long flirty layers that give life and a little bounce to the rest of the style. Dress it up or down - this style is ready for anything!
Face shapes: oval, square, round, heart, diamond
Hair texture: fine, medium or coarse
Hair density: thin, average to thick
Time: 15-20 minutes
Techniques: Blow dry and flat iron
Products: volumizing mousse for fine or medium hair, smoothing gel for coarse hair, Slick Works by Paul Mitchell, finishing hairspray and shine spray
1. Apply mousse or gel according to hair type.
2. Following the instructions on the label, apply a very small amount of Slick Works from the middle of the hair through the ends. Avoid getting the product close to the roots or your hair will be limp and look greasy.
3. Blow dry hair almost completely saving roots in crown area for a large round brush. Finish blowing dry around the brush to add a little volume.
4. Section hair in horizontal layers.
5. Starting in the back on the bottom, pull a flat iron through 2 inch sections from roots through ends and work your way up, layer by layer.
6. In bang area, pull the flat iron straight from roots through ends, curling under slightly.
7. Spray the completed style with a little finishing hairspray.
8. Following the instructions on the label, finish with a small mist of shine spray in the very ends, making sure to avoid the roots so the style isn’t weighed down or greasy looking. Cover your roots with your free hand to make sure you have protected the roots from the shine spray.