PUNK A-LINE: This style features super short layers in the crown area, an a-line cut from front to back and full bangs with face framing in front. It’s a lot going on for one style, but it adds tons of playful personality to what you’ve already got!
Face shapes: oval, square, round, heart, diamond
Hair texture: fine, medium or coarse
Hair density: thin, average to thick
Time: 15-20 minutes
Techniques: Blow dry and flat iron
Products: volumizing mousse for fine or medium hair, smoothing gel for coarse hair, Straight Works by Paul Mitchell, texturizing paste or mud, finishing hairspray
1. Apply mousse or gel according to hair type.
2. Part hair above the arch in the left eyebrow.
3. Blow dry hair completely.
4. Following the directions on the package label, apply a very small amount of Straight Works through the ends of the hair, avoiding the root area.
5. Starting in the back on the bottom, pull flat iron through small sections.
6. In the bang area, start on the left at the roots and pull the flat iron down and across the forehead for that side swept look. For the face framing, pull the flat iron almost straight off.
7. Use a small amount of texturizing paste or mud in the shorter layers in back to make them stand up and to separate them.
8. Finish with a little hairspray to polish off the style and maintain any fly away hairs.