|Photo by Tom Carson |
Style by Bella Capelli Sanctuario, Westlake, OH
Face shapes: oval, square, round, heart, diamond
Hair texture: fine, medium or coarse
Hair density: thin, average to thick
Time: 15-20 minutes
Techniques: Blow dry and flat iron
Products: volumizing mousse for fine or medium hair, smoothing gel for coarse hair, Straight Works by Paul Mitchell, Foaming Pomade by Paul Mitchell, finishing hairspray
1. Apply mousse or gel according to hair type.
2. Part hair above the arch in the left eyebrow a little diagonally.
3. Blow dry hair completely.
4. Following the instructions on the label, apply a very small amount of Straight Works from the middle of the hair through the ends. Avoid the root area so it doesn’t look greasy.
5. Section hair in horizontal layers.
6. Starting in the back on the bottom, pull a flat iron through 2 inch sections and flip the ends out just a little as you pull the flat iron off the ends.
7. In bang area, start on the left at the roots and pull the flat iron down and across the forehead.
8. Tease the hair in the crown area just a little bit and smooth hair over the top.
9. Spray the completed style with a little finishing hairspray.
10. Following the instructions on the label, finish with a small amount of Foaming Pomade in the very ends, making sure to avoid the roots so the style isn’t weighed down or greasy looking.