Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Prateik Babbar trying to grasp Banarasi diction for his next, ‘Issaq’ - Latest Bollywood News

Prateik Babbar made his debut in Bollywood with ‘Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na’ in 2008. It has been a slow going since then and Prateik will be seen in ‘My Friend Pinto’ next.
He has also been signed for ‘Issaq’ which is Shailesh Singh’s adaptation of the Shakespearean play. Since the movie is set in Varanasi, Prateik is going through Banarasi Hindi diction classes, doing ‘riyaaz’ (taking music lessons) and spending hours in the gym working on his body.
Elaborating his character in the film, Prateik says, “The character I play kills to survive, so he needs to be lean and agile. We’ve retained the gist of the story about forbidden love and a family feud, but it’s not an exact remake. Director Manish Tiwary has crafted a clever adaptation that weaves in the Naxalite angle.”
Talking about love and his girlfriends, Prateik says, “The parents of the girls I’ve dated always approved of me. But if I were to find myself in one, I’d behave exactly like Romeo and do everything he did.”
prateik babbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...