Thursday, September 15, 2011

Hazel Keech: 'Salman's very sensitive'


Mumbai, Sept. 15 -- While Salman Khan-starrer Bodyguard was being shot, it created headlines for an unexpected reason - the action star's link-up with co-actor Hazel Keech. The half-British, half-Indian Hazel played Kareena Kapoor's best friend, Maya, in the film, and was dubbed as the 'new girl' in Salman's life. But Hazel isn't perturbed, saying, "I did read those stories. At first, they were funny, so there's no need to comment on rumours."
But Hazel accepts that her beefy co-star helped her during the filming, saying, "Salman was my mentor during Bodyguard, giving me tips on various aspects of the film. It was nice to have someone like him advising a newcomer like me. He is a very sensitive and kind human being."
The model-turned-actor has been offered numerous scripts post-Bodyguard, and says, "Talks are on, but I haven't signed anything yet. Life has been extremely busy after Bodyguard. It feels nice to be in demand."
Born to an Indian mother and British father, Hazel began her on-screen career making cameos in three of the Harry Potter movies. "I did the second (Chamber of Secrets), third (Prisoner of Azkaban) and fourth (Goblet of Fire) installments when I was in school. I played Harry's friend, and was in Gryffindor," she says, adding that she was acting even before becoming a model.
As for her desi accomplishments, she acted in the 'Kahin Pe Nigahen...' music video, besides doing televisioncommercials and the Tamil blockbuster, Billa (2007). Ask if she looks up to someone like Katrina Kaif, who's had a similar journey in Bollywood, and she says: "I really admire the kind of hard work people like Katrina put in, but I don't really look up to anyone. It's great that such people are setting good examples for other actors like me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...