Fashion filled seven days aura of the Mercedes-Benz Malta Fashion Week 2011/2012, supported by Estetika, is going on in the tranquil surroundings of Southern European country Malta, with first edition scheduled in between 16-21 May 2011.
Comprised of latest style, glamour, trends and designs Malta Fashion Week 2011/2012 intends to celebrate Malta’s fashion with first ever fashion week in history. Welcoming new fashion designers, new catwalk and new parties the fashion week is sponsored by Diet Coke and the plan of Malta Fashion Week 2011/2012 also feature Diet Coke Malta Fashion Awards being held on Saturday night, 21 May 2011.
The fashion sector in Malta includes thousands of talented fashion designers, fashion models, photographers, make-up artists and hair stylists. Whereas many are working in fashion retail and supporting industries as such event organizing companies that look after stage management, venue operators, sound, light management and many other departments. The industry also heeds internal marketing and large number of foreign agencies that take advantage of Malta in shooting commercials, films and TV series.
In executing Mercedes-Benz Malta Fashion Week 2011/2012, the European Fashion Council and the World Fashion Channel, which has been supporting Malta Fashion Awards for two years, have committed to aid all direct and indirect professional support in harboring the event at its best.
The schedule of Mercedes-Benz Malta Fashion Week 2011 is as follows:
• Launch Opening Party on Wednesday, May 11, 2011 at 2 22, Valletta
• Fashion Collective at Grand Hotel Excelsior, Floriana and Fashionable Weddings at Radisson Blu Golden Sands Hotel, Ghajn Tuffieha on Sunday May 15, 2011
• C&R Fashion Collection Launch at Mediterranean Conference Centre, Valletta on May 16, 2011
• Fashion Exhibition at the Point Shopping Mall, Tigne Point on Tuesday May 17, 2011
• Fashion Exhibition Opening at e Point Shopping Mall and Tigne Point, Charity Fashion Show at Villa Francia on Wednesday May 18, 2011
• Up and Coming Designers Show at Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa, Attard on Thursday May 19, 2011
• Fersani Fashion Show at Casino Maltese, Republic Street, Valletta on Friday May 20, 2011
• Julien MacDonald at Debenhams: Debenhams Store, The Point, Tigne Sliema and The Diet Coke Malta Fashion Awards: MFCC, Ta’Qali on Saturday May 21, 2011
• Open Air after Party (Public): Numero Uno, Ta’Qali and Ice Watch after Party at Petite Suite, MFCC Ta’Qali on Sunday May 22, 2011
The Mercedes-Benz Malta Fashion Week 2011/2012 schedule will include:
• A charity auction of designer dresses at Villa Francia and a fashion show at Casino Maltese are the event of Malta Fashion Week 2011 reserved for some exclusive audience
• Charles and Ron collection at the Mediterranean Conference Centre
• A weddings event at the Radisson Golden Sands and fashion shows in Paceville
• Emergibg fashion designers at The Corinthia Palace
• A fashion collective at the Excelsior
This is how the mega days of Mercedes-Benz Malta Fashion Week 2011/2012 are planned. "Through The Malta Fashion Week, Malta will gain international exposure in Europe and worldwide on the World Fashion Channel with a potential audience of 1.2 billion viewers worldwide. This sort of publicity will increase awareness about Malta promoting it as a fashion destination”, concluded event organizer Adrian J. Mizzi (the person deemed a pioneer in Malta’s local fashion due to his various links in industry as his company Unique Promotions has been organizing the esteemed Malta Fashion Awards for the past 13 years). During his meetings while representing Malta on the European Fashion Council, he was encouraged to launch an internationally acclaimed fashion that paved his way to take such a definite step to initiate Malta Fashion Week 2011 and to further give it a high rise in fashion world.