Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Gaga ready to make an appearance in 'The Simpsons'


After Katy Perry's much hypes appearance in 'Sesame Street, it was only inevitable that Gaga enter into another form of animated character. As creator Matt Groening says of Lady GaGa: Since the very beginning, I've always wanted to have on the most iconic personalities of our time, and she's it. The Simpsons and GaGa are teaming up for a very special upcoming episode about self-esteem and sequins – Lisa Goes GaGa. In the episode, GaGa rushes to Springfield as soon as she finds out it's a town swarming with low self-esteem. There, she rescues a depressed Lisa through the powers that be GaGa. GaGa says she took her experience seriously and with all sincerity: "I make music, but I don't do voice-overs every day of the week, and their characters are so awesomely convincing and sincere and wild and funny, I had to remind myself constantly of the sincerity of the humor. That's what I was trying to focus on, not putting on a character too much and really being as sincere as I could with the lines. I would say this is one of the coolest things I've ever done. My dad's probably going to do 80 backflips when the episode comes out." According to executive producer Al Jean, "this is the first time the show has had a "show business legend" younger than the series itself." And according to us, this is going to be one episode you don't want to miss! We know we're not going to! C'mon! It's the Queen of Pop (as crowned by Rolling Stone) and the King of Cartoon (as crowned by common sense)! Who would miss this? Lisa Goes GaGa will air in the spring of 2012 as part of the series' 23rd season, which debuts September 25, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...