Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lady Gaga releases 'You and I'

Despite being known as a Madonna wannabe and someone just seeking responses, Lady Gaga seems to be attracting a lot of attention. Her constant stream of releases, both video and audio; her choice of clothes and the tactics she uses to promote her songs keep this lady in the lime light.
Lady Gaga recently released another hit number titled 'You And I' as the fourth single from her second studio album, Born This Way (2011). Written by Gaga and co-produced with Robert John "Mutt" Lange, 'YoĆ¼ and I' is a rock and roll-influenced song that samples Queen's 'We Will Rock You' (1977) and features electric guitar by Brian May.
This video does not show gaga with blue hair – nor is she wearing one of her meat dresses; In 'You an I' Lady Gaga comes out with her male alter ego named Jo Calderone. The main concept behind the video was this controversial queen's journey to be with her beloved one, and was portrayed through a wide assortment of scenes exhibiting her in numerous avatars, including one of a mermaid as well as Jo Calderone. Till now, the video has been given a positive review – something Gaga always manages to gather despite the issues people have with her sound processing units and her overly expensive dresses.
Watching the video you do wonder whether all the drama relating to Gaga's debt was a lie. Seeing the constant controversies streaming from her side, one wonders if Lady Gaga is actually worth all the hype she has been getting. Her music fails to budge from the number one position and she remains in the limelight for one reason or the other. She surpasses all when it comes to star power and has left behind the most respected members of the entertainment industry in terms of popularity. It was indeed shocking to find out that the singer who was titled the world's most powerful celebrity just a month ago has now gone bankrupt!
The absurdity does not end here: Gaga claims she went bankrupt to entertain her fans. Perhaps her odd taste in fashion is costing her more than she had hoped it would. In her defense, Lady Gaga explains that she has only been spending where necessary. 'The only big things I've purchased are my dad's heart valve and a Rolls Royce for my parents, for their anniversary. And that was only because my dad had a Lady Gaga license plate on our old car and it was making me crazy because he was getting followed everywhere, so I bought him a new car. Other than that, I put everything in the show and I actually went bankrupt after the first extension of the Monster Ball'.
The Madonna wannabe says she was in disbelief when the news was told to her. 'It was funny because I didn't know and I remember I called everybody and said, "Why is everyone saying I have no money? This is ridiculous, I have five No. 1 singles" – and they said, "Well, you're $3m in debt."'
Gaga explains the concept of her song and her video since most of her videos are quite unclear to the people about what this diva had in mind. According to Gaga: "I'm walking with no luggage and no nothing and it's just me and my ankles are bleeding a little bit and there's grass stuck in my shoes and I've got this outfit on and it's real sort of New York clothing and I'm sprinting... And the (video is about the) idea that when you're away from someone you love, it's torture," she continued. "I knew I wanted the video to be about me sprinting back and walking hundreds of thousands of miles to get him back."
Gaga explained the scenes involving the ice-cream truck. According to her it represented the destruction of her youth, experiences of which she had shared in her earlier interviews. Detailing her decision to include it, Gaga said:
"That's how I wanted to open the video, because I think it really sets up the rest of the story. It allows you to imagine you yourself are not just one person; you're so many. That person has so many stories and memories to draw from, and they all affect your journey profusely. I'm battered quite brutally at the beginning of the video, but at the end, I'm not battered; I'm a bit strange. It's not meant to be an answer video; it's meant to be a profuse number of the question."
"The idea that when you're away from someone that you love, it's torture," the mermaid-loving songstress noted. "It's a very powerful and awful and strange feeling when you're away from the person that you love. I knew I wanted the video to be about me sprinting back and walking hundreds of thousands of miles to get him back."
The video has succeeded in creating quite a stir and will continue to do so in the coming weeks. The song too is spreading like wildfire among Lady lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...