Friday, September 9, 2011

Prabhu Deva to dance with Hollywood hotties Briana Evigan & Sharni Vinson


Prabhu Deva Remember Hollywood hotties Briana Evigan and Sharni Vinson grooving their way into stardom in the dance flicks Step Up 2: The Streets in 2008 and its follow up Step Up 3D in 2010 respectively? The two dancing sizzlers who scorched up the screen in the two films are ready to form a united force …all for the privilege of dancing with Prabhu Deva in choreographer Remo D'Souza's dance flick that goes on the floors in November.

Remo who has already signed his two fellow-choreographers Prabhu Deva and Ganesh Acharya, was keen to give his 3D dance flick an international flick. Reportedly, Remo's producer UTV approached Briana Evigan and Sharni Vinson who immediately agreed when they heard Prabhu Deva was the man they would have to shake their booty with.

Says Remo, "More than Prabhu Deva, the two ladies are excited about Bollywood. Now my challenge is how to make Prabhu's choreography look unique. Because he has been there and done it all. I've to make his and Ganesh Acharya's dancing look unique. It's big challenge."

The even bigger challenge is to make the two choreographers act.

Says Remo, "My film won't be only about dancing. Remo, Ganesh and the two Hollywood girls will be dancing, of course. But there will be an emotional story that has to be told. I don't think a film can work only on the dancing and singing. By that yardstick, all Bollywood films are song-and-dance flicks. I need to take the dance film further, into the space that the 1985 Sidney Poitier-directed film Fast Forward occupied."

Remo had to do a lot of convincing before Prabhu Deva agreed to come on board. "He is busy directing Rowdy Rathore. But he has long break in November and December. That's when I'll be shooting my film with him."

As for a dance film coming from a choreographer Remo is quite happy doing the expected. "In my first Hindi film F.A.L.T.U as a director, I surprised people by making a campus film. Now I can do what I am most comfortable doing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...