Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Model Elson swaps her catwalk stripes for strums - Latest Fashion News


Moments before her musical performance for Nine West at Beauty & Essex, model/musician/Jack White-ex Karen Elson named ’60s legend Marianne Faithfull and fellow catwalker-turned-crooner Nico as musical icons. She has no idea, however, how her music will be remembered.

“I ask myself that because I feel like I’m so old-fashioned and outdated, and so not a part of my generation, like I should’ve been born 100 years ago,” says Elson who’d walked for Dior, Gucci and Marc Jacobs before releasing her 2010 solo debut, “The Ghost Who Walks.” The album was produced by her then-husband Jack White, with whom Elson celebrated a combination sixth anniversary and divorce party in June. Asked about her guitar-hero ex, Elson says, “We’re dear friends, and we inspire each other. What I love about Jack is that he never takes the easy road. I learned in order to do something that’s good, you have to work really hard.”

Color commentary
“You definitely won’t get hit by a car in those colors,” says actor Stanley Tucci post-show about Nanette Lepore’s neon brights. How color-crazy does he personally think a man can dress? “Well, I wore a chartreuse shirt that color once!” he says, proudly.

Burn after wearing
Alec Baldwin went so far as to set fire to a suit after committing his worst fashion faux pas. “I wore a completely China-white suit once that someone gave me. It was a white linen suit at the height of my poorly conditioned, overweight self, and I made the mistake of wearing white when I was really bloated,” he tells Buzz at the Hamptons Magazine party at Villa Pacri. “I looked like an enormous cotton ball. I looked like a human cotton ball. And I realized that I’d never do that again. I burned that suit with some lighter fluid.”

A little Boshful
Buzz grabbed a bite with Chris Bosh, the 6-foot-11 Miami Heat power forward and dapper dresser, at new seafood restaurant Catch, where dinner was hosted by Lacoste president Steve Birkhold. We asked about the pressures of playing last season after LeBron James ditched his hometown Cleveland Cavaliers to join Bosh and a team of instantly vilified superstars in South Florida. “Every day we felt it. On the road — in the preseason — we got booed!” says Bosh.
The flashy Heat were widely criticized as they mowed down opponents all season while the hopeless Cavaliers sunk toward the bottom of the standings.
“We did things wrong. The media did things wrong. Everyone did things wrong. Now we can maybe wipe the slate clean and get back to basketball.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...