Monday, September 19, 2011

Brad Pitt Praises Jennifer Aniston, Clarifies "Pretend Marriage" Comments


In a new interview with Parade, Brad Pitt briefly discusses his failed marriage to Jennifer Aniston, with one quote in particular raising eyebrows.

Saying he tried to use movies to fill a void in his personal existence, Pitt says "It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself."

Ouch. And it gets worse:

Brad Pitt, Jennifer Aniston Picture

"I think that my marriage had something to do with it," he says, noting that he was "trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't."

He adds that nowadays, "I'm satisfied with making true choices and finding the woman I love, Angie, and building a family that I love so much."

If that sounded harsh to you, get in line. Brad's also in that line, contacting E! News through his rep to explain that he didn't mean it like that.

"It grieves me that this was interpreted this way," he says, "Jen is an incredibly giving, loving, and hilarious woman who remains my friend."

"It is an important relationship I value greatly. The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself."

"That, only I am responsible for."

Pitt is one of the most private and least malicious guys around, one we can't see taking a cheap shot like that, so we're inclined to believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...