Friday, August 5, 2011

Sudan: Christian Girl, 16, Escapes Muslim Kidnappers After Multiple Rapes, Beatings

Sudan - Hiba Abdelfadil Anglo, 16, has escaped from a gang of Muslims who kidnapped her last year, but it may be a long time before she recovers from the trauma. As she told Compass how the kidnappers beat, raped and tried to force her to convert from Christianity to Islam, she broke into tears for nearly half an hour. “They did many bad things to me,” she said, tears streaming down her eyes. Abducted on June 17, 2010, she was reunited with her family on July 10. “Several times I was warned that if I do not convert to Islam, then I risk losing my life,” she said. “The man who put me in his house on several occasions tortured me and threatened to kill me. He did not allow me to pray Christian prayers. He even insulted my family as a family of infidels.” Hiba said that after a year of captivity, she had given the unidentified man who housed her enough of an impression that she had converted to Islam and accepted her fate that he left her unguarded. She was able to leave the house in the Soba Al Aradi area south of Khartoum and beg a motorist to take her to her home two hours away, she said. “I had tried to escape three times before, but they captured me every time and beat me a lot,” she said, sobbing. Her widowed mother, Ikhlas Omer Anglo, told Compass the kidnappers targeted them because they are Christians, members of Sudan Presbyterian Evangelical Church in Khartoum. The girl’s mother said that when she went to a police station to open a case, officers told her she must first leave Christianity for Islam. “Right after my daughter was kidnapped, one officer told me, ‘If you want back your daughter, you should become a Muslim,’” she said. “I thank God for enabling my daughter to escape before the start of Ramadan, though she is now traumatized.” Full Story>>

Sudan: Christian Girl, 16, Escapes Muslim Kidnappers After Multiple Rapes, Beatings http://undhimmi.com/2011/08/05/sudan-christian-girl-16-escapes-muslim-kidnappers-after-multiple-rapes-beatings/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...